Monday, April 28, 2008

Website Reflection

The creation of this website was a reasonably stress free event. I used Microsoft Publisher, feeling most comfortable with Microsoft programs. I worked with code in the past, not html or java, but it has been so long I knew it would be of little use to me. I am not, despite my protestations, anti-technology; I spend quite a bit of time in my teaching educating my students about the classroom and have had a class website in the past. I understand the appeal of a website for professional and teaching reasons, but from my own experience as a student I rarely use a faculty website for anything beyond assuaging my boredom and surface level curiosity.

This has been helpful, however, as I hope to someday have a tenure track position and I know from my own school research that faculty webpages are helpful in discovering who I want to work with and why. I hope to someday put this knowledge to good use, but frankly, this semester has whooped me and it’s all I can do to write a basic sentence.

As the internet continues to grow I’ve become more aware of my lagging behind the learning curve—my next goal is to familiarize myself with the uses available to me in teaching through computers, the internet, and all manner of fun technology.

1 comment:

Dr. Jablonski said...

Website is a good start.

Probably want to use a white background rather than "1st generation/default gray."